So... first of all... SCRATCH-CINE lists at US $ 17,500.
Think of SCRATCH-CINE as a RED Deck, or a Virtual Telecine. It can do everything that SCRATCH can do except for the color layering stuff. It can do all the following:
1) Full Conform from R3D at 4K via EDL or ALE
2) Full Background XML ingest and automation
3) SDI output, either single-link or dual-link. This can feed a deck, monitor, or projector.
4) Deck control for layoff - from NTSC and PAL to 4:4:4 HD-RGB
5) Primary Color Correction - including Lift/Gamma/Gain, RGB Offset, HSL, and Pre-Gain control
6) 1D and 3D LUT import and export
7) Full rendering module to DPX, TIFF, QT, etc.
8) Background Rendering
9) Editorial Timeline for slip/slide/trim, and standard editorial features, including transitions and motion effects
10) OFX Plugin Modules
11) Metadata Burn-in capability
SCRATCH-CINE supports R3D and Quicktime ingest.
We designed this product very specifically to effectively and decisively deal with RED Dailies, Conform, and Output.
We have tightly tested and partnered with BOXX and other hardware vendors to provide a seamless solution with the new Skulltrail systems. So this software functionality plus realtime 1/2 Rez High output from the Skulltrail systems combined with an NVidia 4600-SDI... turnkey hardware + software for US$ 31,995.
Now... if you think of this as a RED Deck and compare... try to get even something simple like a Digibeta for 30K. How about D5, or HDCAM-SR? : )
Or if you're shooting film, a Spirit Datacine only costs about a million or so to set up.
This is an incredible deal for post houses and other post professionals that need a solid solution for RED dailies, RED conform, and basic color grading. We've already had an amazing amount of interest, and you can see from the Press Release that several substantial companies have thrown their weight behind it.
We worked very closely with our customers and many RED customers, and got a lot of great feedback from RED, and we are very excited about this product!
We hope you will be too...
LA, CA, USA