Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Original Red "R"s

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 Original Red "R"s 
    Wasn't really sure where to post this so I apologize. I haven't been to this forum in quit some time.

When the Red One was first announced i pre-orded five of them. I ultimately decided against the purchase and got my deposits back. I did however receive 5 Red "R" paper weights (photo below) and was just wondering if they are worth anything or if anyone thinks they will eventually be worth something? Right now they are proudly sitting on my desk reminding me how excited I was when the Red One was first announced.

not worth a penny
    Zakaree Sandberg
    Zakaree@Gmail.com
    Cinematographer / Local 600 DIT
    RED MX
    Red Epic
    Red Scarlet W

I'll give you $20 for one.

Not sure how Jim would feel about people selling the titanium 'R"s. Especially since, IMO, you should have returned them to RED when you cancelled the camera orders.

Might be cool to give them to the current owners of those R1s, wherever they are...

I'll give $20 for another one.
    Scarlet-X #1103 "O'Hara"
    Red One MX # 10086 "Retro"
    DecoupageFilm.com

Thanks for the responses although it seems like everyone would like me to get rid of them for one reason or another :/.

Just to clarify, i was never asked for them back and remember being told it was ok to keep them. Especially considering i laid down $6,000 for a year (give ore take) when red one was just a startup.

It seems that the current value ranges between <$.01 and $20 =) I was curious of their value but wasn't necessarily looking to sell them unless for some weird reason they were worth a lot more than the titanium they are made out of. I'm still really proud of them and wish it made financial sense at the time to actually purchase the cameras.

Just as an aside, this is a real names forum and I don't think your current name qualifies. I am not a moderator but just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Woops, I didn't realize the rules had changed...If I recall correctly my account was transferred over from dvxuser in the beginning of 2007. Not sure I'll be posting here much anymore but if I do I'll be sure to update. Thanks!