Thread: GSTABI H10 - GROUPBUY - NEW HANDHELD STABILIZED GIMBAL works with EPIC

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    It looks great. Although with such a wide angle lens, when it comes to stabilization, it's really forgiving.
    I would love to see more panning, preceding a person at eye height, and maybe some fast pans, a lock off. With a tighter lens. I wonder if that can be done with this kind of rig??
    Daniel Stilling, DFF (Danish Society of Cinematographers)
    Director Of Photography
    www.danieldp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stilling View Post
    It looks great. Although with such a wide angle lens, when it comes to stabilization, it's really forgiving.
    I would love to see more panning, preceding a person at eye height, and maybe some fast pans, a lock off. With a tighter lens. I wonder if that can be done with this kind of rig??
    I shot some stuff over Christmas on a 50mm. I will try to upload a clip today. Works amazingly well!

thatīs true! looking forward to Justinīs new clip. For eye hight shots you may want to ad an easy rig to the configuration or be in perfect shape ;)

I have the exact same question.

That being said, Justin and Flo...I thought your recently posted vids are THE SHIT. So good. Until now, I've been a little non-plussed by gimbals. I'm on a budget, so an affordable steadycam has been on my list instead. But seeing how good the GStabi it is (and at a reasonable price) has made me change my mind. Your shots, even though early tests, are DOPE. I love how LOW the gimble can get, how steady it is, and those 360 moves make me shiver in my boots. Mind blowing.

I'm sold. This thing is THE SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin O'Neill View Post
    I shot some stuff over Christmas on a 50mm. I will try to upload a clip today. Works amazingly well!
    Please do. If it works well on a 50mm as well, I'll be over the moon.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

I'd love to rent one if anyone is interested. I'm a try before I buy kinda guy.

LL

Quote Originally Posted by Logan LeBlanc View Post
    I'd love to rent one if anyone is interested. I'm a try before I buy kinda guy.

LL
    you could come to Innsbruck and check it out .... Austria might be to fare away ?

Selling my brand new GSTABI H10 if anyone is interested. Very good quality and the only reason I'm selling is because I will be busy with another business venture for at least a year (no time for filming). I have other gears for sale too since I'm getting rid of everything. Let me know.

UPDATE: my GSTABI has been sold, sorry guys

My G10 is on its way to Portland and am really trying to get my head around what accessories I need to start accumulating... Gremesy sent me some info on batteries and I've been trying to read the threads, look at shots of rigs etc. However am still a bit confused as to what I need to make the system operable. Where to mount the RED Brick, how should I attach the RED Touch, etc..? I'm sure it will start making sense once i get my hands on it but any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

The battery is really the only absolutely necessary thing you need to buy. We use our H10 w/the RED side handle and REDvolts. A RED brick would be a bit much...you want to keep it as light as possible for your own sake. There is a small mounting plate for the LCD on the H10 cross bar...one bolt goes up through the bottom into the touch LCD.

When you buy your battery be sure to ask the hobby shop to solder on the correct leads (included in your H10 kit).