Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Rules Of Conduct

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I like it a lot. . .

It would probably be too much to try to keep the language on a truly professional level, but I'd certainly welcome that, as well. But maybe that's exactly what #1 and #3 are addressing.

Stephen
    RED One M-X "Lewis" (#791)
    First feature film, Works in Progress, out on DVD (Vanguard Cinema).
    Second feature film, Terminal, now in post-production in Kansas City and scheduled for a late 2013 release.
    Third feature film, Dust, currently in pre-production and scheduled for production during summer 2014.

i Totally agree .some posts should be cleaned .:innocent:

Good.

I'd like to vote for a requirement that all posts be signed with name, craft, and location.

This really gives you a frame of reference increasing the value of the posts.

Good shooting and best regards to all,

Leo Ticheli
    Director/Cinematographer
    Southeast

I'd like to second Leo's suggestion. I think using real names keeps people accountable for their behavior. Making a transition to that sounds crazy, but there have been other boards in the past that have managed it.
    Nate Weaver
    Director/D.P., Los Angeles
    www.nateweaver.net

It's too easy to make up a fake name and troll. Having to post with a "real name" doesn't stop anyone who wants to stir shit up. It comes down to motives.

I don't post my real name because I'm a privacy advocate. Why do I want to advertise to possible thieves out there that I have a Red and other possible equipment there for the taking? Pass. I'll just continue along with my small degree of privacy here and continue to not troll. The people on this board who need to know my real name, already do. :shiftyph34r:

-Samuel Clemens
    Name has been changed! Prior name was "Chazmo"

Red #1443: Yosemite Sam
    "I paid my four bits to see the high diving act and I'm-a gonna SEE the high diving act!"

Good to check people,some starts to forget Red is a privately own business.

nobody can control real names, trolls can be easily banned...
    red is not a color, it's a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazmo View Post
    It's too easy to make up a fake name and troll. Having to post with a "real name" doesn't stop anyone who wants to stir shit up. It comes down to motives.
    Agreed. It would never stop determined troublemakers. That's kind of besides my point though.

It comes down to how you view this discussion forum. I view it as a place where I can hopefully have good exchange with professional peers. I've already made working connections on this board as a result, people/services that I am held accountable for if something goes wrong.

People who value anonymity first (NOT pointing my finger at you, Sam, for real) are likely looking for something else, maybe? Entertainment?
    Nate Weaver
    Director/D.P., Los Angeles
    www.nateweaver.net

Quote Originally Posted by Tobeorx View Post
    I'd like to vote for a requirement that all posts be signed with name, craft, and location.

This really gives you a frame of reference increasing the value of the posts.

Good shooting and best regards to all,

Leo Ticheli
    Director/Cinematographer
    Southeast
    I welcome this, on a forum like this I can't really see any reason to be anonymous.

I'm proud to be a member of this exclusive club!
    Anders
    Anders Brandt
    Photographer
    Smartfilm AB