Thread: Redmote - Video Feed possible

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Redmote - Video Feed possible 
    Hey guys, so I had a little look inside my redmote the other day, after seeing if i can replace the battery. What i found was quite interesting. lets just say that it looks like the hardware is capable of receiving and decoding video (and I'm assuming the scarlet would be able to output, even if not enabled yet). Also, there was a little JTAG port there, might open up an opportunity to do some research, maybe its possible to build a custom firmware ROM, or red might surprise us with a nice firmware upgrade offering video feed. Can anyone from red comment on if anything like this is in development?

Completely forgot where i was going with this. Oh well, enjoy a pointless post.

Oh, another thing, any way to do a hard rest on the redmote? Its just flashing red when charging, and wont switch on.

I guess you just lost warranty upon opening RED stuff that is not officially user-serviceable or user-upgradeable...
    Otherwise I'd suggest dropping your bomb rep a note about your problem.

As for the "custom firmware" stuff -> people still have not figured out to bypass even the very old RED HDD's from RED ONE so I wouldn't put any hope into that...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stelzhammer View Post
    I guess you just lost warranty upon opening RED stuff that is not officially user-serviceable or user-upgradeable...
    Otherwise I'd suggest dropping your bomb rep a note about your problem.

As for the "custom firmware" stuff -> people still have not figured out to bypass even the very old RED HDD's from RED ONE so I wouldn't put any hope into that...
    out of warranty. Repaired anyway.

I've heard and spoken to of people hacking red scarlets firmware, and a jtag programming port makes it much easier. I have hope people can do it, its just if the right people want to.