Thread: Is 3D dying

Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    3D from one camera via firrmware, as described here.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Banned
    The majority of people (84% exit poled for Lost World in San Fran by Neilson) only saw the 3D version because the movie start time was convenient for them and they would have preferred to see the 2D version.

..AS A DOORNAIL.

My opinion, I ONLY watch a movie in 3D if it was actually filmed in 3D (such as The Martian), or created FOR 3D (such as Avatar), and I really do enjoy the experience, and when a movie is built from the ground up for 3D (it is rare).

However, the movie going audience isn't going to know if it was or was not filmed in 3D, post-3D, whatever, so I can easily see how people got fed up with lame 3D movies that didn't get it right, ruining their experience to the format all together.
    Last edited by Adam Montville; 11-05-2015 at 09:54 PM.

All the people I know are disappointed when a movie they want to see is in 3D at their theater. I hate it too, it's a terrible experience: dark images, reflection of the eyes in the glasses, the landscapes look fake like miniatures, many shots are not working, it takes me out of the movie. But well, they make more money with that so they don't show the 2D versions anymore here. I just hope this stupidity will disappear soon.

2D watching of a film shot and designed for 3D is silly.

Just saw Noe's 'Love.' Subject matter aside, the 3D looked nice and have some variance in different places, nice framing shots to play with the depth and some cool silhouette shots that worked really well. Of course being Noe, he couldn't resist the temptation of a gag shot here and there, but all in all it looked nice. It was simply a window to the world of the story though, so I wish he had pushed it more to give it more of a point in the story. The one gag that actually worked really well was a character smoking towards the camera, wasn't expecting the smoke to play so successfully.

I get made fun of a lot by people I work with, but I really do enjoy going to 3D films. They've strayed away from the in your face annoying stuff and pushed everything into the screen making it look like you're watching through a deep window. Surprisingly, the last film that I didn't like in 3D was Guardians of the Galaxy because it had such a small effect. Mad Max, Jurassic World, The Walk, and The Martian were all really cool, with Mad Max standing out above the others. It did have a couple cheesy cgi pop out moments but the sweeping aerials were stunning in 3D. Just my two cents.

lord I hope so... biggest gimmick ever which ruins some decent movies due to them trying to hard to make it "cool for 3D"..

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Tressler IV View Post
    2D watching of a film shot and designed for 3D is silly.
    If the story and characters alone can't carry the movie, then I think a movie has more problems than just whether or not it's in 3D.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer